Monday, December 14, 2009

What's in my sketchbook?

Thought I'd post what is in my sketchbook.  When I first started doing these crazy faces, I went berzerk with a pencil and my sketchbook.  I've never drawn so freely before in my life.  I'm usually so extremely careful with proportions and perfection -- this is much more relaxing!!  If you haven't tried to let go and draw in a more child-like way, I recommend giving it a whirl!  Sometimes I watch my children draw and it's humbling to see them create without fear of judgement.  I'm striving for that and I hope it will make me a better artist.  In turn, maybe that freedom will spill over into other parts of my life.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan
    Your new style is so beautiful I love it!
    Niki
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails