Friday, January 01, 2010

2010 Woo Hoo!

Tonight was a milestone for us.  We took ALL of the kids, including Jack (2) to see a movie in the theater.  He was pretty well behaved and didn't really get squirmy until the end.  We saw Alvin and the Chipmunks.  Apparently, the "swirly" scene when Simon gets swished in the toilet had a big impact on him.  He hasn't stopped mentioning "toilet, not nice, eww". 
I managed to carve out a little time to work on this piece.  I've been a little burned out lately and this is me experimenting again with my water soluble pastels and gesso and acrylic paint...no graphite in this one for a change.  Gotta get back to "PLAY" time with my supplies.  Looking foward to more experimenting.  It's sooo relaxing, especially after the toddler goes to bed! 
Hope you all enjoyed the first day of 2010.  It's hard to believe it's already here.  WOWEE.

Here are some shots of the painting I did today.




















This is a close up of the texture...YUMMY texture.  I love working with lots of drybrushing over heavy texture.  It's awesome!

Here's another close up:




















AND another just for fun...




















Have a great weekend!  Smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails